How do I fix +ADw-/title+AD4-
WordPress Title Hack
So you have logged in to your website you and you have just noticed a whole bunch of random code of the log in page or you have noticed that random text that reads something like this +ADw-/title+AD4- hacked by Toxic49 ..: M9awdin Team DZ :..+ADw-DIV style+AD0AIg-DISPLAY: none+ACIAPgA8-xmp+AD4- Don’t Stress it’s not the end of the world but you have to act quick as every passing minute damages your online reputation severely. How is this damaging you? Malware (Virus) has been installed on your site all that hard work of various SEO tactics are now working against you. This is what could happen if left un attended:
- Blacklisted Domain – Every minute the malware is spreading its virus other security applications are intercepting which server it is coming from. There is a good chance your server will be blacklisted causing issues like your mail going automatically in your recipient’s trash and spam folder or even worse deleted directly.
- Search Engine History – All that work search engine optimizing you did is still working great with that malware installed. Search engines will index your site and when people search for you an alternative often vulgar message will be displayed further damaging your online presence.
- Website Crash – If there is low or weak security it is only a matter of time until they take full advantage and take over the entire website often defacing it with a message bloating their success.
Why did this happen?
This is a result of two main factors, the first being inferior security measures taken. A wordpress site with no security or firewall plugins are easy targets. Secondly, the chances are high that your site was not maintained regularly as it was probably compromised through an outdated plugin or wordpress core update.
What do I do now?
- Install a Malware Scanning Plugin, find the corrupt files and remove them from your server. Be careful as they may have modified a file used for somewhere else, in that case compare files with a back up before just trashing files.
- Make sure it doesn’t happen again, Install a badass security plugin. Check the ratings and the active installs for a good indication of a reputable plugin.
- Keep your site updated Speak to your web designer/web developer about a monthly maintenance package which should include Regular Back Up’s and Updating (Core and Plugins)
Relax! Its not the end of the world, there is a good chance you will be able to remove the infected files and restore your site to it’s former glory. If you need help feel free to contact us